Impact100 Sydney aims to make a primary grant of $100,000 each year. The successful applicant will demonstrate high impact and a measurable difference with this $100,000 grant.
Our cause area for this year is social inclusion.
In 2017 Impact100 Sydney will consider applications for projects that:
1. Involve one or more of the following target communities
- Young people at risk (up to age 25 years)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
2. Engage these communities at a design and implementation level to deliver greater participation, empowerment and a sense of belonging for the community.
3. Target these specific communities within the greater Greater Sydney Sydney region, for a defined duration and with measurable goals.
4. Demonstrate ongoing benefit to the community and or the organisations sustainability.
We will be interested in applications from charitable organisations that:
- have both Deductible Gift Recipient 1 (DGR1) and Tax Concessional Charity status (TCC) from the Australian Taxation Office. (To confirm your DGR 1 status, enter your ABN at this link
- have an annual revenue under $5 million
- conduct projects within Greater Sydney and that benefit Sydney-siders.
- Applications are welcome from eligible charities from all states and territories of Australia.
- all recommendations for funding are at the discretion of the committee and subject to approval by the Sydney Community Foundation as Trustee
- reasons for rejection of proposals will not necessarily be given
- it is expected the grant funds will be expended within 12 to 24 months and that the project will utilise the full grant. Formal six-monthly progress reports will be required
- Impact100 Sydney reserves the right to change its criteria without notice at any time.
Expenditure that will not be considered for funding includes:
- general operating expenses
- debt reduction or operational deficits
- operational salaries (salaries tied to the grant application program are permitted)
- fundraising activities or events
- religious organisations where the grant is intended for the principal benefit of the organisation’s own members or adherents, or where the grant is intended for inherently religious activities
- legal expenses
- general construction, capital campaign or renovation that is unrelated to a specific proposed project or program travel outside Australia
- projects that should be funded by the Government or other relevant bodies.
- A more extensive application will be required from shortlisted candidates.
- You should ensure your organisation is eligible and that the project meets objectives before applying.
- An organisation may submit only one application each year.
- Organisations that have previously been awarded Impact100 Sydney grant may not re-apply in the subsequent year.
- You will be advised whether or not we wish to receive a further detailed full grant application from your organisation.
- If your organisation is among the selected four finalists (after review of the full applications), you will be required to give a 10-minute presentation at our annual grant awards event. This presentation would cover your organisation and what will be achieved if you receive the grant, and is a further opportunity to promote your cause.
Ready to Apply?
Grant applications are now being accepted for the 2017 Grant Round. Applications are welcome from all eligible organisations, and can be made online here. As the online application can't be saved mid-way through you can review the questions that will be asked of you here.
Good luck with your application. We look forward to receiving it! Please note, applications close on 9 September 2017.