The Impact100 Sydney Grant Application Process has four stages:
- Eligible organisations submit an Expression of Interest short application
- Eight shortlisted semi-finalists are invited to submit a more detailed application
- Impact100 Sydney members conduct site visits to semi-finalists
- Four finalists are selected to pitch at our live Grant Event, where members then vote to award the $100,000 grant to one organisation
We will accept applications from charitable organisations that:
- have both Deductible Gift Recipient 1 (DGR1) and Tax Concessional Charity status (TCC) from the Australian Taxation Office. (To confirm your DGR 1 status, enter your ABN at this link)
- have an annual revenue under $5 million
- conduct projects within Greater Sydney and that benefit Sydney-siders.
Applications are welcome from charities from all states and territories of Australia.
While not a requirement, of particular interest are projects which incorporate the development of (or extension of existing) collaborative partnerships across community organisations.
- All recommendations for funding are at the discretion of the committee and subject to approval by the Sydney Community Foundation as Trustee
- Reasons for rejection of proposals will not necessarily be given
- It is expected the grant funds will be expended within 12 to 24 months and that the project will utilise the full grant. Formal six-monthly progress reports will be required
- Impact100 Sydney reserves the right to change its criteria without notice at any time.
Expenditure that will not be considered for funding includes:
- general operating expenses
- debt reduction or operational deficits
- operational salaries (salaries tied to the grant application program are permitted)
- fundraising activities or events
- religious organisations where the grant is intended for the principal benefit of the organisation’s own members or adherents, or where the grant is intended for inherently religious activities
- legal expenses
- general construction, capital campaign or renovation that is unrelated to a specific proposed project or program
- travel outside Australia
- projects that should be funded by the Government or other relevant bodies.
- You should ensure your organisation is eligible and that the project meets objectives before applying.
- An organisation may submit only one application each year.
- Organisations that have previously been awarded Impact100 Sydney grant may not re-apply in the subsequent years.
- You will be advised whether or not we wish to receive a further detailed full grant application from your organisation.
- If your organisation is among the selected four finalists (after review of the full applications), you will be required to give a 10 minute presentation at our annual Grant Event. This presentation would cover your organisation and what will be achieved if you receive the grant, and is a further opportunity to promote your cause.
Ready to Apply?
Applications are now open for the 2019 Grant Round. Please submit your application using our Online Application Form by COB 5 October, 2018.
A PDF of the application form can be viewed here to help you prepare.