We know that both donors and grant applicants will have a number of questions about the process. We've addressed some of your questions below, and will continue to add to these as we progress. Please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you still have more questions.
Why just one grant?
We want this to be a significant grant that will have an extraordinary impact on the receiving not-for-profit, taking the organisation to another level with significant funding, meeting a compelling and urgent need and advancing their vision in a great leap.
What about the finalists that don't get selected?
All finalists will benefit from raised public profiles, potentially attracting additional funding. They’ll also receive some training in grant applications and presentation, assisting them in additional fundraising.
What are the grant objectives in 2017?
Our cause area for this year is social inclusion. In 2017 Impact100 Sydney will consider applications for projects that:
1. Involve one or more of the following target communities
- Young people at risk (up to age 25 years)
- Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islanders
2. Engage these communities at a design and implementation level to deliver greater participation, empowerment and a sense of belonging for the community.
3. Target these specific communities within the greater Sydney region, for a defined duration and with measurable goals.
4. Demonstrate ongoing benefit to the community and or the organisations sustainability.
Is my organisation eligible to apply for your grant?
Applications are open to charitable organisations that:
- have both Deductible Gift Recipient 1 (DGR1) and Tax Concessional Charity status (TCC) from the Australian Taxation Office. To confirm your DGR 1 status, enter your ABN at this link
- have an annual revenue under $5 million..
- conduct projects within Greater Sydney and that benefit Sydney-siders.
- Applications are welcome from eligible charities from all states and territories of Australia.
For more details on our eligibility criteria please click here.
What won't be considered for funding?
Expenditure that will not be considered for funding includes:
- general operating expenses
- debt reduction or operational deficits
- operational salaries (salaries tied to the grant application program are permitted)
- fundraising activities or events
- religious organisations where the grant is intended for the principal benefit of the organisation’s own members or adherents, or where the grant is intended for inherently religious activities
- legal expenses
- general construction, capital campaign or renovation that is unrelated to a specific proposed project or program
- travel outside Australia
- projects that should be funded by the Government or other relevant bodies.
When do applications close?
Applications close online on 9 September 2017